My publications on loop dominance, the Newtonian Interpretive Framework and soft variables.
- Hayward J. & Boswell G.P. (2014). Model Behaviour and the Concept of Loop Impact: A Practical Method. System Dynamics Review, 30(1), 29-57. DOI: 10.1002/sdr.1511
- Hayward J. & Roach P.A. (2017). Newton’s Laws as an Interpretive Framework in System Dynamics. System Dynamics Review, 33(3-4), 183-218. DOI: 10.1002/sdr.1586.
- Hayward J. & Roach P.A. (2019). The Concept of Force in Population Dynamics, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 531, 121736, DOI: 10.1016/j.physa.2019.121736.
- Hayward J. & Roach P.A. (2022). The Concept of Energy in the Analysis of System Dynamics Models, System Dynamics Review, accepted for publication. DOI: 10.1002/sdr.1700
- Hayward J. (2012). Model Behavior and the Strengths of Causal Loops: Mathematical Insights and a Practical Method. Presented at the 30th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, St. Gallen, Switzerland, July 2012.
- Hayward J., Jeffs R.A., Howells L. & Evans K.S. (2014). Model Building with Soft Variables: A Case Study on Riots. Presented at the 32nd International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Delft, Netherlands, July 2014.
- Hayward J. (2015). Newton’s Laws of System Dynamics. Presented at the 33rd International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Cambridge, MA, July 2015.
- Hayward J., Jeffs R.A. & Roach P.A. (2020). A Supply and Demand Model of Political Party Growth. Presented at the 36th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Virtual Bergen, July 2020. An application of soft variables.
- Hayward J. (2020). The Concept of Average Loop Impact as a System-Wide Measure of Feedback Dominance Analysis. DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.14721.28001. arXiv:2011.04103
- Hayward J. (2021). Loop Impact on Flows. DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.17652.07044